Purple Zone
WELCOME 2 THE DAWN
Purple Zone
WELCOME 2 THE DAWN
Purple Zone
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Purple Zone

Pour les fans de Prince et du Minneapolis Sound : Plus de passion, moins de prises de tête...

AccueilEnter the ZoneDernières imagesS'enregistrerConnexion
Sujets similaires
    Le deal à ne pas rater :
    ETB Pokémon Fable Nébuleuse : où acheter le coffret dresseur ...
    Voir le deal

MINT CONDITION

3 participants
    AuteurMessage
    FUNKATEER-N-1
    Baby I'm a Star!
    FUNKATEER-N-1

Masculin Messages : 59

MINT CONDITION Empty
    MessageSujet: MINT CONDITION   MINT CONDITION EmptyMar 20 Avr - 20:39

Vu l'actualité princière ce post me paraît essentiel. A savoir pour les non initiés qu'il ne faut pas se fier aux apparences derrière des airs de boys band lover et poseur dans les vidéos clips et sur bons nombres de leurs morceaux studio, se cache en fait un groupe de musiciens complets et talentueux. Ce groupe dont je suis fan depuis le premier album révèle tout son potentiel sur scène...stokley williams(une voix de dingue) en particulier ( vu deux fois sur scènes....en bon amateur de funk ....claque garantie...)
    en amuse gueule voici quelques vidéos sauce R&B, pr les non amateurs du genre attendez le live vous ne serez pas déçu:

et quelques bouts de live :

Revenir en haut Aller en bas
    FUNKATEER-N-1
    Baby I'm a Star!
    FUNKATEER-N-1

Masculin Messages : 59

MINT CONDITION Empty
    MessageSujet: Re: MINT CONDITION   MINT CONDITION EmptyMar 20 Avr - 20:48

pr les curieux: [Vous devez être inscrit et connecté pour voir ce lien]
    anastasia
    Official Purple Princess
    anastasia

Féminin Messages : 2635

MINT CONDITION Empty
    MessageSujet: Re: MINT CONDITION   MINT CONDITION EmptyMer 21 Avr - 18:27

Que du bon Wink
    anastasia
    Official Purple Princess
    anastasia

MINT CONDITION Empty
    MessageSujet: Re: MINT CONDITION   MINT CONDITION EmptyVen 23 Avr - 17:40

marysharon
    Her Royal Badness
    marysharon

Féminin Messages : 2782

MINT CONDITION Empty
    MessageSujet: Re: MINT CONDITION   MINT CONDITION EmptyDim 3 Avr - 16:56

[Vous devez être inscrit et connecté pour voir ce lien]

Allez voir leur site! Apparemment ils nous préparent quelque chose (sans nulle doute la sortie de leur prochain album "Caught my eye")

[Vous devez être inscrit et connecté pour voir ce lien]

Et une petite piqure de rappel avec wiki (traduction coming soon)

Mint Condition is an R&B band from Saint Paul, Minnesota. Formed in the late 1980s, its original members were lead singer (and in-studio drummer/percussionist) Stokley Williams, bassist Ricky Kinchen, guitarist Homer O'Dell, pianist Larry Waddell, keyboardist Keri Lewis, and keyboardist/saxophonist Jeffrey Allen. Currently, this line-up remains intact, with the exception of Lewis, who left the group to produce for other artists. The group is well known for its highly diverse musical style (able to play anything from traditional jazz stylings to mainstream R&B and rock-based music to funk grooves and even Latin and Jamaican-based rhythms) and also its captivating live performances. The band is also well known for their well written and produced R&B ballads, mainly in the 1990s.

History

1989-1991: Meant to be Mint

Discovered and originally signed to Perspective Records by music producers Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis in 1989 (after being heard at a performance at a club in downtown Minneapolis called First Avenue), their debut album was entitled Meant To Be Mint (released in 1991). Despite their musical versatility the band attempted to attract New Jack Swing listeners with their dance cut "Are You Free", but it wasn't successful (the song hit #55 on the R&B charts). However, they did enjoy major success with the ballad "Breakin' My Heart (Pretty Brown Eyes)". The song stayed on the charts for 34 weeks, hitting the R&B top 5 (#3), and the Pop Top 10 (#6) and was certified gold by the RIAA. The third single "Forever In Your Eyes" was also a successful Top 10 R&B hit (#7 R&B).

1993-1994: From the Mint Factory

Two years later they released their 2nd platinum album, From The Mint Factory (1993). They enjoyed success with the single "U Send Me Swingin'" which peaked at #2 on Billboard's Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs Chart for four weeks straight in the spring of 1994. The song was also a smash on the Rhythmic Top 40 charts where it reached #14. The bands next two singles "Someone to Love" and "So Fine" were Billboard Top 30 R&B hits hitting the #28, and #29 spots respectively.

1996-1997: Definition of a Band

In September 1996 saw the release of Definition of a Band which would be the bands most successful period in their career. The album peaked the R&B Top 15. The first successful single on this album was the Billboard R&B smash hit single "What Kind Of Man Would I Be?" which was about remaining faithful in a relationship (#2 R&B, #17 Pop). The single crept up to the number 2 spot on the Billboard R&B charts in a matter of weeks and received a Gold certification by the RIAA that December. "What Kind Of Man Would I Be?" was so popular that it stayed on the Billboard R&B Charts for a total of 41 weeks before it finally fell off. "You Don't Have to Hurt No More" was the second single released from Definition of a Band and it was also a Top 10 R&B hit. (#10 R&B, #32 pop). With the success of these two singles along with the positive reviews that the album received allowed Definition of a Band to reach Gold status as well. Two years later, The Collection: 1991-1998, a greatest hits compilation, was issued.

1999-2000: Life's Aquarium

After Perspective Records/A&M folded, the group signed with Elektra Records in 1999, releasing their fourth full-length album, Life's Aquarium which also debuted in the Top 10 (#7 R&B). Its main single, "If You Love Me", hit the R&B Top 5 while appearing on the R&B Charts for 31 weeks. The second single "Is This Pain Our Pleasure", peaked at #42, while also peaking at #34 on the R&B Airplay Charts.

2000s: Livin' The Luxury Brown and E-Life

After a six year hiatus, the group resurfaced as a quintet due to former member and keyboard player Keri Lewis leaving the group to produce for other artists, such as his wife, singer Toni Braxton. In 2005, they released Livin' The Luxury Brown on their independent label Caged Bird Records. The album hit #1 on the Independent Album Charts. Live From The 9:30 Club, a performance of a concert at the 9:30 club in Washington DC, was issued in 2006.

In 2008 they released a new album entitled E-Life which debuted at #8 on the Billboard R&B album chart, and spawned two singles, "Baby Boy, Baby Girl" and "Nothing Left To Say." The second single "Nothing Left To Say" became the band's first Top 30 R&B single in almost a decade (#27 R&B) and also a Top 5 Billboard Urban Adult Contemporary hit peaking at #3.

2010-Present: 7..., Tour with Prince, TV appearances

The new Mint Condition album "7..." will be released on April 5th, 2011 on Shanachie Records. It features their new hit single "Caught My Eye" as well as their collaboration with Kelly Price, "Not My Daddy", also a hit. The album is reportedly called "7..." because it is the seventh studio album of their career. The songs run the gamut from their signature love ballads through funk and soul tracks with touches of jazz and rock. And, responding to longstanding requests from their fans, there's even an instrumental track. A special limited edition of the album featuring five bonus tracks not available elsewhere (three new songs and two live recordings) is being made available exclusively at Best Buy stores.

Beginning in December, 2010, Mint Condition joined pop legend Prince and an ensemble cast of R&B and Jazz musicians for his Welcome 2 America tour.

They appeared as the house band for TV One's program "Way Black When" every night during February, 2011.

This year, Mint Condition is celebrating their 20th anniversary as a band.

Discography
    Albums
    Info
    Meant to Be Mint

* Released: June 11, 1991
    * Label: Perspective Records
    * Singles: "Are You Free", "Breakin' My Heart (Pretty Brown Eyes)", "Forever In Your Eyes"
    * AMG Rating: 3/5 stars

From the Mint Factory

* Released: October 5, 1993, February 13, 2007 (Double Feature released)
    * Singles: "Nobody Does It Betta", "U Send Me Swingin'", "Someone to Love", "So Fine"
    * AMG Rating: 4/5 stars

Definition of a Band

* Released: September 24, 1996, February 13, 2007 (Double Feature released)
    * Labels: Perspective Records
    * Singles: "What Kind of Man Would I Be?", "You Don't Have to Hurt No More"

Life's Aquarium

* Released: November 16, 1999
    * Labels: Elektra
    * Singles: "If You Love Me", "Is This Pain Our Pleasure?"

Livin' the Luxury Brown

* Released: April 26, 2005
    * Labels: Image
    * Singles: "Whoaa", "I'm Ready"
    * AMG Rating: 3.5/5 stars

E-Life (US Pop #119, US R&B #Cool

* Released: May 6, 2008
    * Labels: Image/Caged Bird
    * Singles: "Baby Boy, Baby Girl", "Nothing Left to Say"

* Released: April 5, 2011
    * Labels: Shanachie Records
    * Singles: "Caught My Eye"
    * AMG Rating: —

Compilations
    Info
    The Collection: 1991-1998

* Released: June 9, 1998
    * AMG Rating: 4.5/5 stars

20th Century Masters: The Best of Mint Condition

* Released: June 6, 2006
    * Label: Hip-O

Singles
    Year Title U.S. U.S. R&B R&B Recurrents Album
    1991 "Are You Free" — 55 — Meant to Be Mint
    1992 "Breakin' My Heart (Pretty Brown Eyes)" 6 3 2
    "Forever in Your Eyes" 81 7 2
    1993 "Nobody Does It Betta" — 45 — From the Mint Factory
    1994 "U Send Me Swingin'" 33 2 2
    "Someone to Love" — 28 3
    1995 "So Fine" 118 29 10
    1996 "What Kind of Man Would I Be?" 17 2 1 Definition of a Band
    1997 "You Don't Have to Hurt No More" 32 10 22
    1999 "If You Love Me" 30 5 2 Life's Aquarium
    2000 "Is This Pain Our Pleasure?" — 42 —
    2005 "Whoaa" — 102 — Livin' the Luxury Brown
    "I'm Ready" — 49 —
    2008 "Baby Boy, Baby Girl" — 104 — E-Life
    "Nothing Left to Say" — 27 1
    2011 "Caught My Eye" — 54 — 7

Awards and nominations
    Soul Train Music Award

* Nominated: Best R&B/Soul Album by a Duo or Group for Livin' the Luxury Brown (2005)
    * Nominated: Best R&B/Soul Album by a Group, Band or Duo for Definition of a Band (1997)
    * Nominated: Best R&B/Soul Single by a Group, Band or Duo for What Kind Of Man Would I Be (1997)

SoulTracks Readers' Choice Awards

* Winners: Album of the Year Mint Condition - e-Life* (2008)
    * Winners: Duo or Group of the Year - Mint Condition* (2008)

https://purplezone.1fr1.net
    anastasia
    Official Purple Princess
    anastasia

MINT CONDITION Empty
    MessageSujet: Re: MINT CONDITION   MINT CONDITION EmptyDim 3 Avr - 19:09

marysharon
    Her Royal Badness
    marysharon