Purple Zone
WELCOME 2 THE DAWN
Purple Zone
WELCOME 2 THE DAWN
Purple Zone
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Purple Zone

Pour les fans de Prince et du Minneapolis Sound : Plus de passion, moins de prises de tête...

AccueilEnter the ZoneDernières imagesS'enregistrerConnexion
Sujets similaires
    Le Deal du moment : -28%
    Précommande : Smartphone Google Pixel 8a 5G ...
    Voir le deal
    389 €

INGRID CHAVEZ

5 participants
    Aller à la page : 1, 2  Suivant
    AuteurMessage
    anastasia
    Official Purple Princess
    anastasia

Féminin Messages : 2635

INGRID CHAVEZ Empty
    MessageSujet: INGRID CHAVEZ   INGRID CHAVEZ EmptyMar 27 Oct - 22:30

Visit [Vous devez être inscrit et connecté pour voir ce lien] to be one of the first 100 to subscribe to the official newsletter mailing list and receive an exclusive autographed photo postcard!

New single from Ingrid Chavez’s A Flutter and Some Words available NOW for purchase on iTunes!

View By the Water video at: [Vous devez être inscrit et connecté pour voir ce lien]
    [Vous devez être inscrit et connecté pour voir cette image]

Revenir en haut Aller en bas
    anastasia
    Official Purple Princess
    anastasia

INGRID CHAVEZ Empty
    MessageSujet: Re: INGRID CHAVEZ   INGRID CHAVEZ EmptyLun 28 Déc - 20:14

dreamer
    Power Fantastic
    dreamer

Masculin Messages : 562

INGRID CHAVEZ Empty
    MessageSujet: Re: INGRID CHAVEZ   INGRID CHAVEZ EmptyLun 28 Déc - 22:26

Ingriiiiiiiddddddddddd Chaveeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzz... ouais, bof, c'est moins drôle qu'avec Mayyyyyyyyytteeeeeeeeeeee !!!

Mais blague à part, merci beaucoup pour les liens... du coup, je suis allé sur son Facebook (j'ai vu que Mary Sharon y est déjà Very Happy )
    et également sur son site et clip video. J'adore, j'adore le clip, il y a un petit coté Amélie Poulain, j'adore la musique et j'adore ses photos... je la trouve très creative (en plus d'être à tomber !! Embarassed )

Merci encore pour ces liens, anastasia.

lol!
    anastasia
    Official Purple Princess
    anastasia

INGRID CHAVEZ Empty
    MessageSujet: Re: INGRID CHAVEZ   INGRID CHAVEZ EmptyLun 28 Déc - 22:29

A ton service mon cher Dreamer Wink
    dreamer
    Power Fantastic
    dreamer

INGRID CHAVEZ Empty
    MessageSujet: Re: INGRID CHAVEZ   INGRID CHAVEZ EmptyLun 28 Déc - 22:31

Very Happy Very Happy

En fait, cela devrait être au service de tout le monde, je trouve que sa musique dégage une grâce, une sérénité, un côté zen qui fait du bien ...
    anastasia
    Official Purple Princess
    anastasia

INGRID CHAVEZ Empty
    MessageSujet: Re: INGRID CHAVEZ   INGRID CHAVEZ EmptyLun 28 Déc - 22:38

anastasia
    Official Purple Princess
    anastasia

INGRID CHAVEZ Empty
    MessageSujet: Re: INGRID CHAVEZ   INGRID CHAVEZ EmptySam 2 Jan - 19:18

marysharon
    Her Royal Badness
    marysharon

Féminin Messages : 2782

INGRID CHAVEZ Empty
    MessageSujet: Re: INGRID CHAVEZ   INGRID CHAVEZ EmptySam 2 Jan - 19:45

dreamer a écrit:
    (j'ai vu que Mary Sharon y est déjà Very Happy )

Ah ben tu penses! J'ai foncé Laughing
    https://purplezone.1fr1.net
    dreamer
    Power Fantastic
    dreamer

INGRID CHAVEZ Empty
    MessageSujet: Re: INGRID CHAVEZ   INGRID CHAVEZ EmptySam 2 Jan - 20:14

marysharon a écrit:
    dreamer a écrit:
    (j'ai vu que Mary Sharon y est déjà Very Happy )

Ah ben tu penses! J'ai foncé Laughing

Laughing Laughing tu as du recevoir ses voeux pour la nouvelle année non ? cheers cheers
    dreamer
    Power Fantastic
    dreamer

INGRID CHAVEZ Empty
    MessageSujet: Re: INGRID CHAVEZ   INGRID CHAVEZ EmptySam 2 Jan - 20:17

anastasia a écrit:

WOW, pile poile le jour de mon anniversaire !! ça c'est du cadeau !! booze booze booze booze
    anastasia
    Official Purple Princess
    anastasia

INGRID CHAVEZ Empty
    MessageSujet: Re: INGRID CHAVEZ   INGRID CHAVEZ EmptySam 2 Jan - 20:18

En m^^eme temps je l'avais prevenu Laughing
    anastasia
    Official Purple Princess
    anastasia

INGRID CHAVEZ Empty
    MessageSujet: Re: INGRID CHAVEZ   INGRID CHAVEZ EmptyVen 15 Jan - 23:09

anastasia
    Official Purple Princess
    anastasia

INGRID CHAVEZ Empty
    MessageSujet: Re: INGRID CHAVEZ   INGRID CHAVEZ EmptyLun 18 Jan - 19:59

Verse-Chorus-Verse: An Interview with Ingrid Chavez

Over the past 20 years, dream-pop/spoken-word artist Ingrid Chavez has quietly and powerfully carved a unique path and place for herself in the world of music. Many music fans first encountered Chavez as the angelic character “Aura” in Prince’s 1990 film Graffiti Bridge. Pop and dance fans may remember her as the author of the words to Madonna’s erotic mega-hit “Justify My Love”, and R&B fans likely recall her groundbreaking 1991 Paisley Park release, May 19, 1992, which was packed with dancey grooves featuring both spoken poetry and spirited, sung vocals. Sonic adventurers of all stripes may also know her as a guest vocalist on recordings by composer Ryuichi Sakamoto and maverick recording artist David Sylvian. After taking some time off to raise her daughters and limiting her music output to a few sporadic guest spots, Chavez is now back with a highly anticipated new album, A Flutter and Some Words, which effectively coheres her diverse background and particular set of influences into an enchantingly fresh sound.

A Flutter and Some Words is a collaboration with a duo of super-talented Italian maestros, Lorenzo Scopelliti (co-writer, multi-instrumentalist) and Alessandro Mazzitelli (recording and mixing engineer). Recorded mostly in Italy (save for some production work on the title track by longtime friend/collaborator Richard Werbowenko) the 14-song collection is a treasure trove of sonic delights: an earthy mix of lovely organic textures, otherworldly soundscapes, found-sound percussion and traditional string and wind instruments, with Chavez’s exquisite voice and words holding it all together.

What was the first song you fell in love with, and what is your current relationship to the piece?
    I know that as a child I was always in love with some song, just as I am now as an adult, but one that sticks out is David Bowie’s song “Golden Years”. It was probably the first single I ever purchased. “Fame” was Bowie’s big hit at the time, but it was the B-side track “Golden Years” that I fell in love with. It was so funky and new and Bowie was so interesting to me as a child. Bowie was very much influenced by the music coming out of Philadelphia in the ‘70s. He was one of the few white artists to appear on Soul Train. “Fame” and “Golden Years” still sound great after all of these years.

Who is your favorite “unsung” artist or songwriter, someone who you feel never gets their due? Talk a little bit about him/her.
    I would have to say neo-soul multi-instrumentalist Lewis Taylor. He is a British artist who is incredibly talented. Unfortunately, he became jaded and shut down. It’s hard to find anything online about him. He is adamant about keeping his name out of the public domain and shuts down any blogs or fan sites set up for or about him. He did a remake of Jeff Buckley’s song “Everybody Here Wants You”. It is truly gorgeous. As an artist, Lewis was unleashed and completely uninhibited. He was raw. I wish that he would come back and do his ‘thing’ again. Until then I will cherish all of the music of his that I do have.

Is there an artist, genre, author, filmmaker, etc. who/which has had a significant impact/influence on you, but that influence can’t be directly heard in your music?
    The late Russian filmmaker Andrei Tarkovsky has had a great impact on me as a writer. The visual poetry that he captured on film is something that I return to again and again when I am in need of inspiration. Writing is in a way very visual for me and I found a connection with him through his use of film, sound and poetry.

Do you view songwriting/music-making as a calling, a gig, a hobby, other…?

For me, songwriting is a release. To take all of this emotional and creative energy and pull it together in a song is the most gratifying experience. It’s healing. A calling from within, I suppose.

Name one contemporary song that encourages you about the future of songwriting/pop music.
    Wild Roses By Hope Sandoval & The Warm Inventions. . I am encouraged that there is still room out there for such warm, beautiful music and that the internet gives us access to these artists that we love and cherish.

I’ve had the great pleasure of collaborating with Ingrid Chavez on a couple of projects. In 2007, she sang on my song “Disappear”, which appeared on my 2008 release Grab Bag. She was wonderful to work with, and sounded fantastic, despite having arrived at the studio after a long flight and a harrowing rush-hour car-ride. More recently, I remixed the first single from A Flutter and Some Words, “By the Water”, in a “hydraulic boom-bap” style; it’s part of an EP of remixes available
    here.

A Flutter and Some Words drops on 26 January 2010 from Ten Windows Records. For more information on Ingrid Chavez, A Flutter and Some Words, and more, visit ingridchavez.com

SOURCE : [Vous devez être inscrit et connecté pour voir ce lien]
    anastasia
    Official Purple Princess
    anastasia

INGRID CHAVEZ Empty
    MessageSujet: Re: INGRID CHAVEZ   INGRID CHAVEZ EmptyMar 26 Jan - 18:06

anastasia
    Official Purple Princess
    anastasia

INGRID CHAVEZ Empty
    MessageSujet: Re: INGRID CHAVEZ   INGRID CHAVEZ EmptyDim 31 Jan - 19:58

ingrid chavez interview

Pop Music is shorthand for ‘popular in the taste of many.’ Poetry uses words to provoke emotional or sensual responces, often adding a creative meaning to a message. The music industry produces its share of mass-consumed anthems to escapism, but occasionally, a voice and talent is heard among the offerings and it shines when surrounded by others’ work.

A Flutter and Some Words is Ingrid’s long-awaited return to songwriting. She was gracious to oblige our request for an interview during the launch and promotion of her new album.

TP. Your eponymous album Ingrid Chavez – May 19,1992 (released in 1991, The title is the first anniversary of the date the cover art was photographed) was a revelation and the spoken words, the poetry and the dance-pop tracks were visionary for that time. How did the collaboration with Prince begin?

IC. I ran into Prince at a nightclub in 1987 I think, and we made an instant connection. I was bold enough to tell him that I was a singer-songwriter. I started writing poetry for him and he really liked it. He wanted to see what I would do in the studio on my own so he gave me a day in the studio at Paisley Park. I had no idea what I might do in there but I was up for the challenge. I recorded some very strange pieces. I’ve always loved experimenting with flipping tracks so I had backwards guitar and pitched vocals with layers of harmony. I had the engineer help me record some percussion and then the vocals were a mix of spoken word and singing. I recorded two tracks that day. Both were very strange and the look on his face was priceless. He was intrigued. He made an offer that if I wrote 21 poems that he and I would go into the studio together. Once I had the poems, we went in and he put me on a microphone and set up a keyboard in the control room. He would ask the title of the poem, play around sounds on his keyboard until he found a sound that suited the title and then he would signal for me to start reading. We went through all 21 poems this way. The original performance was completely improvised. Prince and I parted ways shortly after that and I went on to form a band with Richard Werbowenko called Skyfish. I ran into Prince’s brother one day and gave him a copy of the Skyfish record to give to Prince. I came home a few days later and my little apartment was completely filled with white flowers. Prince called and said that he just finished recording Heaven Must Be Near and that it sounded like spring time in Paris. He asked me if I would like to finish the Poetry album.

TP. Tell us about your childhood and your musical education. At what point did you decide to pursue a career in music?
    IC. I remember falling in love with David Bowie’s song Fame. I didn’t buy many records as a child but I did buy that single and although I loved Fame it was the B-side, Golden Years that I fell in love with. I started fantasizing about being a singer myself, I suppose. Later I would discover Prince and that was when I decided I would make becoming a singer/songwriter my goal. A few years later I discovered David Sylvian’s music and it heavily influenced my approach to writing lyrics and my songwriting in general. I had no formal musical education. Music was just a calling.

TP. Were you a femme fatale, a tomboy or a geek in high school?

IC. I didn’t really belong in any group in high school. For the most part I would say that I was a bit of an outsider looking in, counting down the days for it all to end.

TP. Most singers and other performers looking to break into the business go to New York, Los Angeles or Tennessee. Why Minnesota?

IC. It was fate and an unfortunate turn of events that would place me in Minneapolis. I was living in Atlanta and I was in a band called China Dance with my partner at the time, Steve Snow. We moved into this old candy factory on the outskirts of the city. It was big enough for us to live, record and rehearse in. A few weeks after moving in, we left for a few hours to take a friend to the airport and when we came back, everything was gone. All of our equipment was stolen. Steve is originally from Minneapolis, so the logical thing to do was to move there and start over. About a year after moving there, Steve and I went our separate ways. The arts and music were thriving in the city back then, so it wasn’t too long before I was on my merry musical way.

TP. Of artists that inspired you, were there any men or women who made a lasting impression on your style or your charismatic presence?

IC. Marlene Dietrich was a great inspiration for me. I loved her style. She was strong and she influenced my love of women wearing men’s clothing. I was also really influenced by the world of Man Ray during his Paris years. That influence shows in the video for Elephant Box and the May 19, 1992 album artwork. I worked with Mathew Rolston on the video because he loved Man Ray as well and he heard me when I said I wanted to bring Man Ray’s photographs to life.

TP. Most artists have beautiful stories to tell behind their songs. Tell us a bit more about your first single, By The Water.

IC. By The Water is a very sensual song. It’s about that moment when you lay yourself open and allow yourself to be vulnerable, that moment when you let someone in and they let you in.

TP. What are favourite moments or anecdotes you would like to share with us from the development of your album A Flutter and Some Words?

IC. Well, I got to spend some wonderful time in Northern Italy. All of the vocals were recorded there over three different sessions. One time we were at a big beautiful retreat space called Shanti House on the countryside in a region called Lunigiana. It borders Tuscany. We set up a recording space in one of the buildings on the property, The Gompa. It was very hot in August and of course, there was no air conditioning, so we would close the windows to record the vocals and then quickly opened them up for playback. It was over 100 degrees outside. At one point it just got too hot to close the windows and we were recording some flexible tubing that Lorenzo found on the property that when swung in circles made a really interesting whistling sound. We were working on the title track, A Flutter And Some Words. Every time we would push record these birds outside the windows would start singing really lovely melodies very loudly. We decided that they should be on the recordings or rather they decided, so we recorded them and they appear in A Flutter Coda.

TP. What inspires you?

IC. Beginnings and endings; snow, the change of seasons. Driving. Andrei Tarkovsky. Sally Mann. Writing a new song.

TP. The video for your single By The Water shows a tender focus. There is an aura of spirituality and romance to it. Has your family life influenced your vision and your art?
    IC. My family is my life. Everything revolves around it. Putting music out into the world only works when it’s working in my home life. That’s the beauty of having a place you call home, you can live there and create there. This record was written here where I sit now and the video was filmed on a friend’s property. It’s all close and familiar and unpretentious. There is a romance and spirituality in living and loving your environment.

TP. Why so long between your last release (sixteen years) and now?

IC. I was busy being married and being a mother. My experience of the music business prior to meeting David really put me off it. I was not cut out for that world of Prince. When I was part of that world, way too many things were asked of me that I did not feel comfortable with. I threw myself into domesticity and closed the door to that part of my life. I was content for a while to live vicariously through David’s career. When our marriage fell apart, I obviously could no longer live through him so, I had to make some choices for myself, to start over with some entirely new path or pick up where I had left off before getting married. Music is all I really know, so I began my journey back and in so doing realized that there is nothing more fulfilling or gratifying then completing a song.

TP. Have you devised a routine or work method when you write your poetry or the lyrics to a song?

IC. I don’t have a method of work. I write when I feel like it. I write when I have something that needs to be said. I am not good at adhering to routine. I wish that I was, I admire people who do.

TP. Are there special things you do to make everyone around you feel at ease during a recording session or a live performance?

IC. There is nothing in particular that I do. I have very calming energy and that goes a long way in a studio environment.

TP. Do you miss special moments from the beginning of your career?

IC. I feel like I am there again in a way. I have a lot of creative energy flowing and everything is new in the way that I am working and trying to get this album out into the world. Meeting Prince was really magical and the whole experience of making the album and the movie was like a fairy-tale. I would never wish to turn back the pages because life continues to be magical and full of wonder for me.

TP. How did you meet Richard Werbowenko?

IC. I met Richard through a friend in Minneapolis. He used to wear his hair in what looked like a big dandelion. I liked him from the moment I first met him. It wasn’t long before we formed our band Skyfish and started recording and performing.

TP. Did your collaborations with David Sylvian and Richard Werbowenko in the album Little Girls With 99 Lives and in Ryuichi Sakamoto’s Heartbeat influence your current album?

IC. Well, as they say, we are the sum of all of our parts and that music and time in my life is a part of me. I am constantly challenging myself musically and lyrically so in that sense, everything that came before now is an influence.

TP. Tell us about the band Ova and Tommy Roberts. What brought you together?

IC. Tommy Roberts used to own a recording studio in Minneapolis called The Underground. I was in a band called Skyfish with Richard Werbowenko back then and we did some recording at Tommy’s studio. Skyfish broke up and I went on to work with Prince and then I married David. I was pretty much out of the music scene altogether when Tommy showed up out of the blue at my door asking me if I would be interested in being in a band with him and Josh Holland. I wasn’t sure about it, but after giving it some thought I joined. We named the band Ova. I really loved the music we made. Tommy (who goes by the name Zachary Vex now) is a guitar pedal designer and so there was a lot of great guitar throughout the songs. My soft voice with this heavy guitar and beat-based music was a nice mixture.

TP. Lorenzo Scopelliti, Alessandro Mazzitelli, El Perdido (Frank Verdeja, who designed the album’s cover artwork) and Marzio Mirabella came into your world and the synergies between you and these artists bring us a much-anticipated new album and films to accompany the music. Are you bringing your fans closer into your life, sharing your previous experiences through the songs or are you looking to explore musically and visually a new reality to share with them as you evolve? Is this a beautiful intersection between your past and your future?

IC. Not being signed to a label has given me a lot of freedom to be as prolific and creative as I can and want to be. It is wonderful to work with artists who are not in it for the money, but are in it because they believe in what you are doing and they want to be a part of that creative energy. I love people who are generous with their creative energy. I want to keep growing as an artist and keep challenging myself. As long as I keep evolving as a person there will be songs to write. This current album is very different from my Paisley Park album, Little Girl With 99 Lives, Skyfish and Ova but that is the beauty of constantly evolving as a person, your art is bound to evolve as well.

SOURCE : thepandorian.com
    anastasia
    Official Purple Princess
    anastasia

INGRID CHAVEZ Empty
    MessageSujet: Re: INGRID CHAVEZ   INGRID CHAVEZ EmptyLun 15 Fév - 22:18

Ami
    Billy Jack Bitch
    Billy Jack Bitch
    Ami

Féminin Messages : 168

INGRID CHAVEZ Empty
    MessageSujet: Re: INGRID CHAVEZ   INGRID CHAVEZ EmptyLun 12 Avr - 18:00

She's very inspirational 4 me. I have both her albums...last have with autograph bounce
    Do U know video for Elephant box? It's perfect!!!
    anastasia
    Official Purple Princess
    anastasia

INGRID CHAVEZ Empty
    MessageSujet: Re: INGRID CHAVEZ   INGRID CHAVEZ EmptyJeu 15 Avr - 17:42

marysharon
    Her Royal Badness
    marysharon

INGRID CHAVEZ Empty
    MessageSujet: Re: INGRID CHAVEZ   INGRID CHAVEZ EmptyMer 9 Juin - 14:29

Le titre qui m'a rendu accro

On voit Ingrid vite fait au début

anastasia
    Official Purple Princess
    anastasia

INGRID CHAVEZ Empty
    MessageSujet: Re: INGRID CHAVEZ   INGRID CHAVEZ EmptyDim 29 Aoû - 10:55

Ingrid Chavez interview Part II

* August 28th, 2010 5:39 pm PT

Part I received such a remarkable response! Here is part II of this interview with inspirational Ingrid Chavez:

W.E. Lorenzo Scopeliti's filming to the music adds to the scene of a whole visual world, floating, fluttering and yet conveying a truth of enormously powerful depth. How did your collaboration come about?

I.C. The film was shot around my home. After two and half years of working together, being on this creative journey together, it seemed natural to wrap it all up with this short film. Our collaboration started as many musical collaborations do these days, Music Myspace. He contacted me a few years ago, just a shy hello. We started sharing words and images. He was working on a solo album. I was still searching for my voice after all of these years. One day he sent me a song that he had just finished. I listened to it for the first time one night while putting Isobel to sleep. It really moved me. Although it was intended for his solo album and we had never discussed working together, I recorded a vocal to it and sent it to him the next day. He was really happy about it and asked me would I like to work on some other songs with him. That song became the penultimate track on the album, it's called 'Isobel'. From there we just took it one song at a time.

W.E. The single "By the Water" is one of the catchiest songs on the album, yet it still has an ethereal, sensual nature to it, a pull, an energy of unique quality. What inspired this song?

I.C. One of the first warm days of spring taking a walk on a friends property, I came upon a stream, that's how it began. This song was one of the first songs that I started to write and one of the last to be recorded.

[Vous devez être inscrit et connecté pour voir ce lien]
    Ami
    Billy Jack Bitch
    Billy Jack Bitch
    Ami

Féminin Messages : 168

INGRID CHAVEZ Empty
    MessageSujet: Re: INGRID CHAVEZ   INGRID CHAVEZ EmptyLun 30 Aoû - 16:36

what's about a poetry book? It will be interesting
    anastasia
    Official Purple Princess
    anastasia

INGRID CHAVEZ Empty
    MessageSujet: Re: INGRID CHAVEZ   INGRID CHAVEZ EmptyMar 31 Aoû - 18:56

marysharon
    Her Royal Badness
    marysharon

INGRID CHAVEZ Empty
    MessageSujet: Re: INGRID CHAVEZ   INGRID CHAVEZ EmptyDim 12 Déc - 13:41

Ingrid Julia Chavez, born January 21, 1965 in Albuquerque, New Mexico, is a Mexican-American poet, vocalist, songwriter and photographer.

Personal life
    Chavez was born January 21, 1965 in Albuquerque, New Mexico and raised in Marietta, Georgia. She moved to Minneapolis, Minnesota in 1986 to follow her ambition of becoming a singer/songwriter.

Chavez has a son, Tinondre, born circa 1984, who lived in Atlanta for a time. She also has two younger daughters, Ameera and Isobel, with English singer and musician David Sylvian, whom she married in 1992.

Career
    After moving to Minneapolis, Minnesota in 1986, she auditioned for a number of bands, made the rounds of the Minneapolis music scene, and paid her bills working in a coffee shop. She first met Prince in a pub in late 1987, having written to him.[2] Impressed by Chavez's voice and poetry, Prince took Chavez under his wing. She was known as The Spirit Child on his 1988 Lovesexy album. Prince encouraged Chavez to write 21 poems with the promise that they would make a poetry album together. When she finished her poems, she and Prince went into the studio. Prince sat at a keyboard and played while Chavez read through all 21 of her poems. This was the original recording that would later become her only album ever released on the Paisley park label. Shortly after this session the project was put on hold indefinitely.

In 1989, Chavez formed a band called Skyfish with Richard Werbowenko. They created a six-song album released only on cassette. Chavez ran into Prince a year or so later and handed him a copy of the Skyfish demo. Shortly after the exchange, Prince contacted Chavez and wanted her to listen to a track that he had just finished with the poem "Heaven Must Be Near". Prince asked Chavez to finish the poetry album.

It was at this time that Chavez was asked to play the part of Prince's romantic interest in his 1990 film Graffiti Bridge. During the filming Chavez went into the studio with Lenny Kravitz and Andre Betts and co-wrote and recorded what became Madonna's sultry 1990 hit "Justify My Love". She received a large out-of-court settlement for not being credited on the single's release.

In 1992, not long after recording vocals with David Sylvian for the songs "Heartbeat (Tainai Kaiki II)--Returning to the Womb" and "Cloud #9" on Ryuichi Sakamoto's 1991 album Heartbeat, Chavez married Sylvian, and over the years contributed her trademark breathy vocals to a number of her baritone-voiced husband's releases.

During the mid-1990s, Chavez worked with Sylvian and Werbowenko on a second solo album titled Little Girls With 99 Lives. Chavez and Sylvian sent out demos to record labels and close friends, yet could not strike up interest in a deal. The album would have included tracks entitled "Lighthouse", "Snowfall", "Whose Trip Is This?", "Starred And Dreaming", "Kall/Les Fleurs Du Mal", and "Remembering Julia"—the latter four of which can be found as b-sides on the 2-CD UK single of David Sylvian's "I Surrender".

In 1996, Tommy Roberts, a former Minneapolis recording engineer who recorded the Skyfish demo, contacted Chavez and asked her to be in a band with him. She joined the band, called Ova, and recorded a four song EP and an E.P.K. Chavez became pregnant and decided to let go of the project and focus on her family. Chavez currently lives in New England with her children focusing on photography, writing and a new recording project.

May 19, 1992

Studio album by Ingrid Chavez
    Released September 24, 1991
    Genre Spoken word and poetry, dance-pop
    Length 41:57
    Label Paisley Park Records
    Professional reviews
    Allmusic

May 19, 1992, Chavez's debut solo album, was released in 1991 on Paisley Park Records. (The title is the first anniversary of the date the cover art was photographed). The album was initially intended to set her spoken-word poetry to music supplied by Prince. It was recorded gradually from late 1987 to mid-1991. When Warner Bros. pushed for the album to have sung vocals in place of the spoken word, Prince abandoned the project. Five of the album's tracks ("Elephant Box", "Slappy Dappy", "Jadestone", "Whispering Dandelions" and "Heaven Must Be Near") ended up as spoken word with atmospheric music by Prince under his Paisley Park alias, and the remainder were relatively poppy tracks with sung vocals, co-produced by Ingrid with Prince's studio hands Michael Koppelman and Levi Seacer, Jr.. The singles "Hippy Blood", "Heaven Must Be Near", and "Elephant Box" were released as singles (along with club remixes).

A Flutter And Some Words
    A Flutter And Some Words is Chavez’s second album. It consists of Chavez’s poetry and lyrics set to the instrumentation of Lorenzo Scopelliti (aka Saffron Wood) and Richard Werbowenko (on the title track) and recorded by Alessandro Mazzitelli.

merci wiki

marysharon
    Her Royal Badness
    marysharon

INGRID CHAVEZ Empty
    MessageSujet: Re: INGRID CHAVEZ   INGRID CHAVEZ EmptyJeu 14 Avr - 21:09

superfunky
    Baby I'm a Star!
    superfunky

Masculin Messages : 62

INGRID CHAVEZ Empty
    MessageSujet: Re: INGRID CHAVEZ   INGRID CHAVEZ EmptyDim 17 Avr - 20:23

me manque un peu sa présence autour de prince, meme si j'ai trouvé qu'elle manquait à l'époque de densité. Elle apportait une touche "intellectuelle" trés heureuse .
    Contenu sponsorisé

INGRID CHAVEZ Empty
    MessageSujet: Re: INGRID CHAVEZ   INGRID CHAVEZ Empty

INGRID CHAVEZ
    Page 1 sur 2Aller à la page : 1, 2  Suivant